.....................................................................................
"Enhancing the modern day man."
.....................................................................................................

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tools for a Thrifty Shopper

Let me say, first: there's nothing wrong with being a thrifty shopper. I am an advocate for Ross, Marshalls, TJ, and all those other discount retail stores. Just being honest, some of my Favorite pieces come from those places.  BUT!....  but there's a trick for Dressing For Less, you guys.
Not everything you buy must cost a million dollars but you also can't spend your life shopping on the clearance rack either. So,  my advice would be to create a list of things you want. Then from that list, split them into 2 categories : The Money List and Bargain List.
The Money List - the name says it all. You know, without a shadow of a doubt, that these things you're gonna spend major dough on. Full Price. No exception.
The Bargain List - things you wouldn't mind saving a Buck on. [I.e. you wanted a Micheal Kors Big Face watch, but you'll settle for a No Name Big Face instead).
................
I actually have one of these list. I keep it in my room. And on mine, I decided the only thing that goes on the Bargain List are basically basics : simple tanks, tees, classic converse, etc,  etc.
My money list holds all my signature pieces: patent leather doc martins, Levis waxed denim jackets, and the list goes on.
Essentially, what I'm saying is be cognizant of the items you buy, how much they cost, and the places you purchase them.

No comments:

Post a Comment